Monday 30 December 2013

GMA Anchor Robin Roberts Comes Out on Facebook



anchor Robin Roberts has apparently come out on Facebook, thanking her girlfriend Amber Laign in an online note.

A message was posted on Roberts’s Facebook page today about her recent recovery from a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood and marrow disease. “Hard to believe this was 1 year ago today..when I reached a critical milestone of 100 days post transplant,” the message read.

The note went on to say “I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together.”

A representative for ABC didn’t return a request for a comment.


Many people on social media were utterly unsurprised by the announcement, and others tweeted notes of support and congratulations. Stories about prominent people coming out often draw comments from readers along the lines of “Why aren’t you covering real news?” and “Slow news day?”

Nonetheless, the issue of sexuality on TV remains a controversial one. “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson was briefly suspended from the show after making anti-gay comments to GQ–before being reinstated after a public outcry by fans.

Here’s the message posted on Roberts’s Facebook page:

Flashback 12/29/12….Hard to believe this was 1 year ago today..when I reached a critical milestone of 100 days post transplant…and KJ was finally allowed to come back home.

Reading this comforts me and I hope the same for you: “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.”

At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude.

I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health.

I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life.

I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together.

I am grateful for the many prayers and well wishes for my recovery. I return every one of them to you 100 fold.

On this last Sunday of 2013 I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too.

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Peace, love, and blessings to all..XO

Follow @Welcome To UNC on twitter


Like Us On facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment